A lot of hard work goes into curating entities on Viberate, so we’ve prepared INSTRUCTIONS which will serve as a basis for evaluating users input — therefore accepting or denying entities submitted by users. This will help you and us speed up the process of adding new entities and avoid unnecessary denials. Following these rules will greatly reduce the time you spend contributing and the time we spend checking the submissions.
Below, you’ll find some general guidelines for the links that Viberate showcases in the artist profiles. To some extent, they also apply to the venue profiles and events.
1. ADDING NEW ARTISTS TO OUR DATABASE
1.1. General rules for ADDING Artists:
- When submitting a new artist, you have to include one of 2 mandatory links (FACEBOOK, SPOTIFY) plus one other link to social media channels in order for the submission to be accepted
- Submissions can be written in any language, we only ask that you use latin alphabet, especially for names.
- Submitting artists that are either inactive or deceased is forbidden, therefore submissions will be denied.
- Content on any channel you add should not be older than 2 years(exceptions are SONGKICK, BEATPORT, ITUNES, SHAZAM).
- All channels must have CONTENT on it (exception is BANDSINTOWN — if without content it must be verified!).
- Links leading to empty channels will result in denial of your submission.
- URLs must start with http://, URLs for FACEBOOK, TWITTER, SOUNDCLOUD, YOUTUBE, SONGKICK, INSTAGRAM, and SPOTIFY must start with https://
- URLs must be as »clean« as possible
1.2. Specific rules for ADDING Artists:
- Spotify profiles must be artist profiles, user profiles will be denied (https://open.spotify.com/user/...).
- Homepage: official homepages are the best option here, but you can also use Bandcamp, Blogspot, Wordpress, and Wix pages as homepages. It is forbidden to add Reverbnation and Myspace pages as homepages. Do not link other social media channels here.
- Facebook: must be a page, not a (personal or group) profile. We accept only legit or verified pages, all fan pages will be denied.
- Twitter: we’ll accept legit or verified twitter accounts, all fan pages will be denied.
- Soundcloud: make sure it’s not a fan-generated profile. Adding a profile that has only previews of tracks will be denied.
- YouTube: make sure it’s not an auto-generated profile (topic). You can add either VEVO or OFFICIAL channel — choose strongest (in the following order: more subscribers, more videos uploaded, more views of those videos).
- Google+: do not add community profiles, only user profiles will be accepted. Make sure the account is legit or verified. Fan accounts will be denied.
- Beatport: only submit links that start with https://www.beatport.com/artist/umek/4177. Don’t submit dj.beatport links, as they will be denied.
- Mixcloud: only link legit accounts with actual content. We only accept links in the following form: https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_umek/
- Songkick: make sure the account is legit or verified and has at least one event (upcoming or past) listed.
- Bandsintown: we accept verified accounts or accounts with at least one event listed on the profile. Empty ones must be verified in order to be accepted.
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/artist/umek/80110059. This is what we’d like our iTunes links to look like. Don’t add links to specific albums or tracks.
- Instagram: make sure it’s not a fan-generated Instagram profile before submitting the link. We accept private and open profiles.
- Shazam: it has to be a legit or verified account.
- Tumblr: make sure it’s not fan-generated profile.
- Gigatools: make sure it matches the artist’s name and contains at least 5 (past or upcoming) events.
This is a personal Facebook profile, we will reject these.
This is a page, we will accept these.
2. SUGGESTING CHANGES TO EXISTING ARTIST PROFILES
2.1. General rules for CHANGES:
When suggesting a link or URL changes to existing artist profiles, follow the same rules that apply for adding artists.
Furthermore, you need to understand that when you propose a change in a profile and we accept that change — all statistics for that channel on artist profile is reset. So have in mind that you can ruin your favorite band statistics if you make reckless changes!
2.2. Specific rules for CHANGES:
- Do not replace existing links with ones that have different URL, but lead to the same channel (YouTube channel links are the most common example here).
- Do not replace http:// with https:// unless you are the artist and you will claim your profile.
- Do not make changes for inactive or dead users — but DO NOTIFY us of such a case! We are dealing with thousands of entries a day so we can not follow artists activities but will gladly remove them once notified!
3. ADDING VENUES
VENUE NAME: always use official VENUE name (write it in the latin alphabet!) — one that is used in other official channels.
VENUE ADDRESS: when adding new VENUES to our database make sure we can locate them on GOOGLE MAPS — always put in the foundable address (sometimes Venue can be found by its name so you can also put in a name of the venue as the address!).
CAPACITY TYPE: when deciding about the type of Venue, consider official information found on Venues official channels. If there is no such information try alternatives (google search).
CAPACITY RANGE: if there is no official information about capacity range, try alternatives (google search) or try to determine the capacity range from photos of Venue or its location.
LINKS: there are no mandatory links for adding new venues to our database, but we’d appreciate it if you could add links to at least some channels, to ease the workload of our curating team.
4. SUGGESTING CHANGES TO VENUES
When suggesting changes to existing venues, please follow the guidelines that apply to artists.
5. ADDING EVENTS
When it comes to events, you can only add them to our database. You can’t curate existing ones.
Event will be denied if:
- Event is already in our database
- Date of the Event is wrong
- Line up is incorrect or incomplete
- You provided insufficient information about the venue
- You have chosen wrong Venue from the drop-down list
- We were not able to determine the existence of the event (based on provided information)
There are THREE ways to add EVENTS:
- You can add events in the main menu in the upper-right corner (+ADD).
- Directly on an ARTIST profile (when you add them from an artist profile, the artist will be automatically added to the line-up).
- Directly on VENUE profile (when you add them from venue profiles, the venue will be added automatically).
5.1. Rules for ADDING Events
EVENT NAME: must be written in a specific form: EVENT NAME at VENUE NAME (always use the official name of the event, if there is none put artists names in)
TICKET LINK: is not mandatory, but it is very useful because it helps us establish whether Event is real (it will take place at the provided venue at a given time with the provided lineup).
EVENT DATE: must be correct. When adding festivals, choose the start of the festival as the event date.
EVENT LINEUP: put in the complete lineup! If the particular artist is not in our database we will consider your lineup as correct. When it comes to festivals — put in the complete lineup for all days under one event! (Festivals are particularly tricky since lineups often change, so you need to put in at least 60% of the artists).
VENUE: you must always check if a Venue is already in our database — if it is, you must choose it from the dropdown list. If a Venue is not in our database please provide sufficient information about Venue name and ADDRESS. Without sufficient information, your entry will be denied!
If you encounter any problems or have questions, you can always reach us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org